We finally got copies of Sam's hospital records. They STILL did not send the genetic reports!! (Rather steamed about that, but I digress. . . )
I am reading the report of Sam's Cardiac Catherization done just two days before he died. Here is the "Final Diagnosis" from that report:
1) Double outlet right ventricle with mitral atresia, severely hypoplastic left ventricle, subaortic and aortic stenosis, coarctation of aorta and atretic right pulmonary veins.
2)Status post Norwood with Sano modification using a 6-mm Gore-Tex patch from the right ventricle to pulmonary arteries.
3) Chronic respiratory failure with ongoing hypercapnia with pCO2s at least in the 70s regardless of mode of ventilation.
4) Decreased oxygenation from combination of decreased pulmonary flow and increased pathology of the left lower lung, and nonfuctioning right lung.
5) Status post extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) support.
6) Occluded iliac veins bilaterally and probably the distal inferior vena cava.
7) Bilateral superior vena cava with no communicating vein.
8) Excellent right ventricular function and no coarctation of aorta.
So. . .
At least #8 was excellent. . . the rest sounds pretty grim, and it was.
I just want to cry.
No comments:
Post a Comment