I had what I thought was going to be a "borning" appointment with the nurse practicioner today. I totally broke down and told her my worries about N moving too little or too much; my worries about lots of liquid-y discharge a couple of nights ago and how when I called the office, I was routed to voicemail again and no one called back; my worries about my yeast infection - that I'd been using the Monistat as directed.
She checked me and said that my yeast infection is horrible, and would give me something stronger than the cream. That I didn't seem to have ruptured my water. They checked - I am still not leaking amniotic fluid, despite lots of discharge. I am dilated almost 1 cm. She had me finally do a NST. I was on the monitors for over an hour, because N refused to wake up and move. His resting heartrate was lovely, but he wasn't reacting. After nearly an hour and a huge cup of cold water and an entire bottle of orange juice, N moved and got an active heartrate a couple of time. If he hadn't done that, they would have sent me to L&D for further monitoring. In addition, they gave me the direct extension to a nurse who will answer in person during office hours. I left feeling better.
No comments:
Post a Comment