"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Another small shower today. . .

I had another small shower thrown for me today. An organization that I belong to has a "sub" group of moms who run a playgroup. Well, they wanted to throw a shower for me! So, I agreed. They all gave us mostly useful stuff. . . and actually included the gifts receipts in most cases for "just in case". I think they actually know to do that, as young mothers. (Unlike others recently who have decided they didn't like the "practicality" of our registry and just went on their own to give us gifts - without a gift receipt - for things we already have plenty of. . . I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but sometimes it gets a little frustrating.) Anyway, they gave us some cute little outfits for the 3 to 9 month size ranges, which we actually needed, some little hangers which we also needed, wipes, diapers, etc. It was fun, and I look forward to doing the "mommy" thing and going on playdates with N.

I had another OBGYN appt today, after the shower. N's heartrate was 140. He was moving and wiggling pretty regularly all day. My doctor did inform me that I have vaginal bacteriosis, and sent in a prescription. I do not have Group Strep B, so we don't have to worry about that at this point.

11 more days?? Just about. . .

No comments: