"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Almost 38 weeks. . . movement, thoughts, new craving

It's Saturday, c-section is planned for 10 days from now, and I am having something of a "nesting" urge coming back. Well, in terms of the baby's "room", I haven't lost the nesting instinct, but the cleaning urges I had back in November and December have been slow in returning. I've actually done some cleaning, organizing, sorting in the rest of the apartment! I think I am almost to the point of. . . what if I actually do go into labor before the c-section? I want to have it relatively clean in here!

N has been moving regularly today. I love, love, LOVE feeling him move. Yes, sometimes when he keeps me up at night with his movements I am not so sure, but now that it's getting toward the end of this pregnancy, I am trying to savor feeling him move inside me.

I am also working on birth announcements. . . I've been addressing envelopes, printing the quotes for the front of the cards, and using my calligraphy pen in the inside for his name, etc.

Maybe one last strange craving? I have been craving cumin in my food lately. I used to not really care for it, but it tastes wonderful right now! Cumin supposedly may be one of those spices that can cause miscarriage or pre-term labor, but that's not a worry for me now!!

No comments: