Anne Rice (author of the Vampire Chronicles, etc) asked on Facebook if readers would post their thoughts/experiences on the health care system in the US. Here is what I posted:
"I feel that coverage for everyone is important, as well no limits on "lifetime benefits". I've had moderate to severe asthma most of my life, and when I was age 11, my parents starting talking to me every so often about how I needed to ha...ve a good career with good group health insurance benefits when I "grew up", because there was no way that I would ever qualify for health insurance on my own. I think this really scared them. I was fortunately able to do just that. However, my first son was born with severe heart and lung defects. . . we were able to add him to both of our insurance companies. . . when he died at almost 4 months old (he was our little fighter!), he'd just about maxed out his lifetime benefits for his primary insurance, well on the way of maxing out the secondary insurance. Parents should not have to ever be in that kind of position!"
No comments:
Post a Comment