36 weeks tomorrow!!
My c-section is scheduled three weeks from tomorrow morning!!
I apologize for all of the exclamation points. . . but it is just amazing to think about.
That said, I have been having more moments of panic. I suppose it is because I actively read the MISS board, and there are so many moms there whose babies were born still. I worry when N moves a lot for a while and then suddenly stops (he really probably does need a nap after all of that movement). I worry when I don't feel him for a couple of hours. I poke at him. He usually does "kick" back. On Saturday, I was in tears because it took a little to get him to respond in the morning. This morning he was pretty quiet, too, but I've come to a little peace that he really does seem to sleep in the morning. He's definitely more active in the afternoon and evening.
I think he's mostly head down again, but I am not sure.
We had a funny thing happen on Saturday. My husband said on his Facebook as status update: "Getting ready for the birth of our baby boy." Suddenly my mom was IMing me wondering what DH meant by this. . . that was a sign of things to come. DH was texted by a person or two asking if I was in labor, and on Facebook, people were wondering if I was really in labor?? NO!! I haven't even had much in the way of Braxton-Hicks (with my pregnancy with Sam, I did not get any BH contractions until 37 weeks along, around the time I started losing my mucous plug!)
What my husband meant is that we already went shopping together and picked up a few things for the baby. . . such as a mattress pad (the crib is now made up, complete with angelcare monitor and a sage green "Classic" Pooh sheet), wipes, green baby-size hangers, some small waterproof pads, bottles brushes, and nursing pads (for me).
My friends at church, in the bell choir, have a "pool" of sorts going - but no money involved. It's just for fun . . . everyone has a guess of the actual date N will arrive (if we don't go until March 16) and N's weight! People guessed between 6 lbs even all the way up to 9 lbs.
My next OB appointment is on Thursday morning. Will they ever do a NST? I was already having them by now with Sam. Maybe this is what a "normal" pregnancy is like? Also, since I AM planning on a repeat c-section, does a GBS swab need to be done? I don't mind avoiding it, in all actuality.
No comments:
Post a Comment