(Warning: Lots of exclamation points upcoming. . .)
Second Fetal Echo -- Everything looks perfect so far - structure overall and function great! Excellent!
The baby Nini is about 4 days ahead in growth overall for gestational age, and is estimated at 15 ounces! Almost a pound! That means he's nearly doubled in size in the last two weeks
I've been worried because I haven't been feeling our little Nini moving as much as I felt Sam by this point. When I have felt him, it's been down near my bladder or up by my belly button. That's it.
We found out yesterday that I do have an anterior placenta (out in front), and the tech said that the baby would have to "punch hard through the cushion". So that explains that. He was moving the entire time once again during the ultraound yesterday.
Last night, I wrote the following message to someone who asked how I (not the baby) was doing. Here is what I wrote:
"How am I feeling? Very, very hungry. However, I haven't gained much weight yet. I've gained back the weight I lost in the first 10 weeks of pregnancy and not much more. I am still dealing with my chronic pregnancy-rhinitis and/or allergies to everything outside right now. Some acid reflux, but it's not bad at all. Craving chocolate like crazy, but not craving ice cream as much as I did while pregnant with Sam. The heat really irritates me, and I am even more sensitive to the sun than I usually am when not pregnant. I am so glad our air conditioning was fixed on Monday - the high temp today reached the high 80s. It's been abnormally warm even for Tucson in November. Maybe cooler high temps in a couple of days, which I am so looking forward to. I want to go walking outside without just feeling sick in the heat. I don't really feel nauseous much anymore, except in the heat.
I am allowing myself to actually dream about bringing this baby home with us. I actually got out the baby mp3 player that Sam was actually given for his Christmas in the hospital by a charity or the hospital's Child Life, or both. A Playschool thing where the actually MP3 is plugged into the rest of the player that can be put in a crib and played for the baby. I had never actually "played" with it myself - just waiting for Sam to come home. We'd saved it for a future baby to enjoy, and suddenly I remembered it the other morning, and got it out. I figured out how to load mp3s onto it. That was quite a leap of faith for me, actually. I just felt compelled that it was time."
No comments:
Post a Comment