"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Friday, October 2, 2009

Two Weeks from Today

Two weeks from today, at about 17.5 weeks along, we will be getting a fetal echocardiogram. I am nervous. This baby needs to be well! At least, no major heart defects. Then at 19 weeks, a Level II ultrasound. It still feels like mostly everyone around here is so stubborn about when echoes and level IIs can be done. I don't understand it. In Europe, it seems some of this can be taken care of earlier. Is it Tucson? Is it the US? I don't know, and it's very frustrating. I just don't want to be suddenly at 20 weeks again having to make a horrible decision. Can't any of these medical professionals around here understand that? Apparently not, or maybe they are just not good enough. Very few, including my OB, seem empathetic.

Sigh.

At least I got a compromise on the fetal echo, sort of. My DH talked directly to the pediatric cardiologist and he okay'd the so-called "earlier" echo.

No comments: