I just need to try to relax a little now!
Okay. . . the sonographer and the ped card were a little dubious about what they'd see, but they managed to see most of the heart to some extent! They were able to see that the baby appears to have both pulmonary artery and aorta - and they appeared to be working correctly on their own sides of the heart - and it appears that the heart has two WHOLE ventricles!! We will be having a following up echo in 4 weeks because the doctor didn't see everything yet that he wanted to see, but said that everything looks good so far, that he could see.
As well, they checked the cord - Sam had a 2-vessel cord. This baby has a 3-vessel cord!!
They measured a few other things, like head and brain as well as abdomen. These were all measuring about three days ahead. Everything looked good. There was even a guess of the sex of the baby. I was kind of thinking girl all along (as well as the chinese gender calender that was the only one right for Sam being a boy), BUT the peri was leaning toward this one being a BOY! He said not to "bank on it" it yet since it is so early. (And this we know from experience, because it was thought at 16 weeks that my niece was a boy, but she wasn't!) So we'll see. . . I have my regular Level 2 coming in three weeks and then the follow up Echo in four weeks.
So. . . so far things look good! The baby was moving the entire time, which made all this rather challenging for the sonographer! The peri in this office even offered me, for the first time ever (no OB has ever said this to me) that if I ever need to come in for a scan to be re-assured, just call him! It was such a relief just to hear that offer!
I'm so glad now that we didn't have to wait until next week! I was sure I was going to go crazy if I had to wait any longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment