"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Surprise Appointment Tomorrow

I posted on MISS Message Forum a moment ago:

Okay - last night around 6 pm, on my way to handbell rehearsal, I got a phone call for which I didn't recognize the number, except that I thought it was my DH calling from a number at his workplace and not his cell phone as he does work at some of the local hospitals and this number has similar prefixes . . .

No, it was a recording reminding me that I have an appointment at an OBGYN clinic (that is not my usual one) on Wednesday, now tomorrow, at 2 pm! I was rather shocked (I haven't had any really bad "pregnancy brain" yet during this pregnancy, that I know of.) I had no knowledge of this appointment, and I had to pull over and write all of the info down. I called this morning first thing, and it turns out that my OB office had actually probably made an appointment for me with a pediatric cardiologist - NOT the one they actually referred us to at my last OB appt - the appt at which my husband and I were arguing with my OB, who kept saying they wouldn't be willing to do a fetal echo until at least 20 weeks along. She finally gave us a name of a Ped Card, who we promptly called and made an appt with at the earliest they could get me in - next week at 17 1/2 weeks along!

So now I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon at 16 weeks +1or2 days with a different doctor in a different clinic, whom I am sure is excellent, plus they are willing to do this as early as I had wanted in the first place! I am still rather shocked, but thrilled that I don't have to wait until next week! I just hope they can see this little one's heart, and be able to at least tell us if it has both ventricles, and the veins and arteries on the correct sides (Sam also had Double Outlet Right Ventricle).

I don't know if we cancel with the other doctor then for a week from Friday? I guess we'll find out. Wow.

No comments: