Here is what I posted to the Subsquent Pregnancy board:
We don't really know the results yet, of course, but I was so nervous going into the ultrasound - worrying that the baby was still there (still alive) - more than anything else! It was such a relief to see the baby again! The baby measured at 12weeks, 6 days, which is fine, since I am 13 weeks based on lmp today. We (DH was with me this time) saw and heard the heart beating again. We still don't know about the actual heart structure yet, but hopefully will in just a few more weeks. The baby's heart rate was between 140 and 160 bpm during the session - which is nice and normal! The baby was moving a lot - and we saw the baby stretch out, and then pull its legs back in (so no guesses for sex for now). We saw both of the legs and feet, and arms and hands. At one point during the measurements, the ultrasound person had to make the baby move its arm because the baby suddenly had it in the way near its face. The baby's profile looks MUCH different than Sam's profile - we could see early on that Sam had my head shape (and my grandpa's!), which my DH adored. DH's first comment was on this - how this baby looks so different already. I think this baby seems to have my husband's profile - and perhaps even DH's nose! (Sam also had my nose.)
I had a small fibroid, which was measured for future monitoring. Is this anything to be concerned about? I have had no spotting or bleeding at all during this pregnancy.
Hopefully all will come back well with the results of this test.
2 comments:
From my understanding of fibroids, the only time they would be a concern is if they grow too much. Since they know it is there and they are monitoring it I wouldn't worry. It's not hurting anything by being there.
Thanks, Leigh! At my follow appt, my OB didn't seem too concerned. It's a relief.
Post a Comment