"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Believing in Relaxation to Acheive Pregnancy

The following  article is from April of last year: 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2316986/Relax-just-dont-think-it-happen-There-words-infuriating-woman-trying-conceive-just-true-says-Ashley-Pearson.html

I found it while searching for how to relax to achieve pregnancy.

As you probably already know, I have been pregnant at least four times, and have one living child.  Every time I have gotten pregnant, it has been during the one cycle I have been "relaxed".   The first month we didn't prevent, I conceived and we had Sam.  The first month we didn't prevent after his death, I conceived (and miscarried early).  I was very relaxed then.   And then I became very hyper about conceiving each month.  I was doing my basal temps each morning, and on and on.  And then the OB told us to take a month off and just have "fun".  I think I calmed down and relaxed - and I even did some strenuous workouts, etc.   And boom, I was pregnant.  It was a successful pregnancy.  When we started trying again in 2012, I didn't think it would take until August 2013 to conceive again.  And again, we had said that we were taking that month "off".  I was pretty relaxed, too.  And it happened.  I know that there are many, many women who don't want to hear this, but it seriously works for me.

The problem for me is that I don't know, generally, how to stop thinking about conceiving during any given month.  It's just very difficult to turn that off in my mind.   I think maybe I need to start a new project totally non-related to pregnancy.  What can that be? 

No comments: