Tonight, for the first time since early in pregnancy with Sam, I made a Persian dish called Tahchin. As I was preparing it, I realized that I have in fact not made this dish in SIX entire years. I found out I pregnant on April 12 six years ago. I was so excited, and soon after, my morning sickness has become all-day sickness, and eating chicken was disgusting. (With both Sam and my subsequent son, chicken has been a major turn off during the first half of pregnancy.) Tahchin is a rice dish often made with chicken. I know I made it that year, six years ago to take to the family Easter potluck, which was April 8th. That morning I really suspected I was pregnant, but had gotten a negative pregnancy test. Grandma said I looked "peaked" that day. I talked to my cousin about the fact that tahchin has chicken in it so therefore not suitable for her vegetarian self.
So . . . I have made the dish and added spinach to it this time. I will enjoy the meal as well. It was just bringing up memories for me as I was preparing it. They were good memories, too.
Still not pregnant again with another sub . . . although I need to wait almost another two weeks to see about this cycle :). Maybe Tahchin magic?
So . . . I have made the dish and added spinach to it this time. I will enjoy the meal as well. It was just bringing up memories for me as I was preparing it. They were good memories, too.
Still not pregnant again with another sub . . . although I need to wait almost another two weeks to see about this cycle :). Maybe Tahchin magic?
No comments:
Post a Comment