"Hearts will never be practical until they can be made unbreakable."
― L. Frank Baum, The Wonderful Wizard of Oz

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hmm, interesting "food" for thought

Here is an article that says research out of Harvard's School of Public Health says that eating full/whole fat milk products will help fertility and conception.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-wellbeing/health-news/ice-cream-helps-increase-chance-of-pregnancy-438189.html

Basically, it says that the increase in infertility in the West is a result of all of the low-fat eating and products. It suggests that ice cream a couple of times a week will increase the chance of conceiving, because lack of dairy or eating too much "low-fat" dairy, increased infertility due to lack of ovulation. "The more ice cream the women ate the lower was their risk of infertility. Women eating ice cream two or more times a week had a 38 per cent lower risk of infertility than those who consumed ice cream less than once a week. "

Okay, I seem to have little trouble actually conceiving, but there is the issue of my late ovulation. Does this make a difference in the viability of the embryo? I do not ovulate until day 20 to day 26, depending on my cycle. If eating ice cream will change my hormones, and I actually could ovulate earlier, perhaps that would be better for my chances of sustaining a healthy pregnancy. I will be buying full-fat ice cream tomorrow, and giving it a chance. I have to eat less other food, so I don't gain weight, but that would be fine. I am willing to

Also, people online have been mentioning that peas may contain a natural contraceptive. Therefore, I should not eat peas when I am trying to conceive. That is a problem as I absolutely love peas!! I guess I can try to forgo them for now. However, I haven't tracked down a good scientific source, so I don't know if I should really worry yet or not.

I did not conceive in January. We didn't BD during my most fertile time because my husband was ill with a cold, and he didn't want to give it to me. I got it anyway. So, we will be trying for a Valentine's Day baby conception!!

No comments: