I just found a gluten-free pregnancy blog, that so far I find quite interesting. She even presents the idea of adding pureed fruit or vegetables to Trader Joes' Gluten-Free Brownie Mix (which I've tried once and loved. . . I could definitely add sweet potato, etc, to that brownie mix. I already add it to the pancake mix!)
http://glutenfreepregnancy.blogspot.com/
At least I don't have to run into the "saltine advice" on this blog. . . oof, when I actually did eat saltines during my pregnancy with Sam, I threw them up. Since then, I had trouble even looking at them again (and for most of my life, I refused to eat soup without saltines. . . not a problem, anymore.) Now that it has been shown that I am allergic to wheat (and oats), and trying to maintain a gluten-free diet, this website looks quite helpful . . . except for the entry on eating banana! I am also allergic to bananas, so that suggestion is rather unhelpful. Ah, well, the rest is decent!
One potential issue about this blog is that it does not appear to have been updated in at least a year.
I also found out that Shauna James Ahern who wrote Gluten-Free Girl was pregnant last year, and here is a link to a very long post:
http://glutenfreegirl.blogspot.com/2008/07/gluten-free-pregnancy.html
No comments:
Post a Comment